MODAL VERBS: SHOULD AND MUST

SHOULD 

Recommend the modal verb "should" to give a courteous advice or recommendation. 


  • "I have a terrible stomachache." "You should go to the doctor's."
  • "I haven’t heard from my father." "You should call him."
  • "She's not happy with the salary offered." "She shouldn't accept the job."


 Forma

Se usa "should" / "shouldn't" + el infinitivo del verbo principal (sin "to")

Ejemplo


I
You
He, She, It
We
They
should do more exercise.
get a new car.
shouldn't
(should not)
smoke.
spend so much money.


Should I
you
he / she / it
we
they
get more qualifications?
wear something different? 
  • Prueba de septiembre
Must
"Must" is also used to speak of obligation and is used in written rules and instructions: -You must submit your proposal by noon on July 12.
-You should not use a calculator during the exam.
"Must" is also used to make a firm recommendation:
-You must tell him before it is too late.

-You should not be late for work on your first day. Negative 
"must" o "mustn't" ("must not") + el infinitivo del verbo (sin "to")
Example  


I
You
He / She / It
We
They
must
mustn't
report the theft to the police immediately.
forget to transfer the money.


Must I
you
he / she / it
we
they
go?
MUST O HAVE TO - MUSTN'T O DON'T HAVE TO


Comentarios